1-Mile Walk and Talk: How to Stay On Track (No Matter What!)

Please join me (and Peanut!) for our latest installment of our “1-Mile Walk n’ Talk” series. Today we are talking about how to stay on track, no matter what! Whether it’s the busy holiday season, cold, dark winter days or whatever obstacle you may be facing in your life right now, we’re sharing our top tips and motivational quotes to help you stay inspired to stick with your journey.

If you need a boost of motivation or a dose of inspiration, join us for this basic, indoor walking session anytime – rain or shine! And, we’re always looking for more topics to talk about, so please let us know – what else should we walk n’ talk about? We love reading your comments so please share your great ideas and suggestions in the video comments. Thanks for walking and talking with me (and Peanut!) today!

Like our round mat? You can find links it and the other equipment we use in our videos here on Amazon.

Like Be the first one who likes this post!

• Diana Fors June 25, 2018, 10:47 am

i love your short stuff. I can pick the area then i want to work on. I read once that a new habit is just something you do more often than not. I try to remember that.
    My goal is health and fitness. I want to stay out of a wheelchair and keep moving to the end. I want to be able to do my adls without effort. Weight loss and other benefits are frosting on the cake.
    Thanks for what you do. I am a follower. Diana

• Antoinette May 22, 2018, 9:50 am

Jessica,
    Love the walk and talk series. I listen to them on my strength training days. A good way to work the muscles and inspire the mind. So glad I found your videos.
    Hi to Peanut. She also helps me with my exercise program.
    Antoinette

• Michelle March 28, 2018, 7:12 am

I just discovered your website and the walk and talk segments. Awesome! I ordered a one of the DVD’s and can’t wait to get it! Thank you Jessica!

• Vivienne March 20, 2018, 12:15 pm

Love the walk and talk series. I do my main walk in the morning with you, and just love these ones to quickly do in the afternoon or early evening without having to change clothes or even have shoes on.The time just flashes by. Thanks Jessica By the way I’m 73 still working and playing golf, and these exercises even the weight ones suit me perfectly.

• Winnie McDonagh February 22, 2018, 6:56 pm

my why is I want to be as healthy and mobile as I can in my golden years. I love the 15 minute video’s. They are my go to when I am short on my steps of my morning exercises. The 15 minute mile is good for me to use late afternoon evening when my other videos might overstimulate. I love the motivational comments. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Irene February 18, 2018, 10:33 am

I’m 64 and would love for my clothes to fit better and get rid of my extra chin that’s starting!! Will walking 1 mile each day help or do I have to walk 3 or 4

• Saudia January 25, 2018, 10:44 am

I recently started the walk on 1 mile with you. I need to release some weight as per my cardiologist and walking indoors with you in the morning is a great way to start my day. I love how easy and fun you make it!
    I catch myself smiling at Peanut – who is just enjoying her life lying down!
    Thank you so much sharing your YouTube videos.

• Deborah Moore December 26, 2017, 3:01 am

Three years ago I was involved in two separatr rear
    end collisions. The initial pain was neck and back but became a major hip issue. The hip damage was so severe that the doctor wanted to do a double hip replacement.

I work in an elementary school and I have been trying to avoid surgery by having injections and trying to exercise to strengthen my core, lower back and hips. Unfortunately, my exercise has been inconsistent because of poor time management and the pain I endure almost daily.

I desperately want to exercise and in the past walking has always been my best approach. I completed a 5 k marathon (my first) Thanksgiving day and I was pumped! I had purchased one of your dvds before but decided to do your 21 day tape. It is killing me!!! Should I have begun with another dvd? Desperately seeking advice, HELP!!!!

• Jessica Smith December 26, 2017, 4:44 pm

Hi Deborah! Thank you so much for your interest in our programs. We’re so sorry to hear about your injury! Please be sure to follow your doctor and/or physical therapist’s recommendations as they can best advise you on what is appropriate for body’s specific needs with your current conditions. If you experiencing consistent pain, working with a physical therapist (if you aren’t already) might be the best place for you to start (after consulting with your doctor) in order to make sure you are doing movements that are safe for your body and your current condition. Once you feel ready (and have your doctor’s clearance) to join us for one of our programs, please be sure to skip any and all exercises that don’t work for you and feel free to sub in alternatives that you know are on the approved list any time. We wish you all the best for a full and swift recovery!

• Sheila December 24, 2017, 11:01 am

These I Mile Walk and Talk videos are so amazing for the times I just don’t feel like moving. By the time the mile is done, chances are I’ll do another video rather than stop. And if I don’t have time, I feel so energized I can go on with what I need to do with a lot more ambition. I’m 71. My Mom was overweight with cardiac issues and in severe pain from arthritis for the last few years of her life. I am doing all I can to make sure that doesn’t happen to me. I have too much living left to do. That’s my why

• Jessica Smith December 24, 2017, 2:02 pm

What a wonderful WHY Sheila! Thanks so much for sharing and for walking and talking with us today 🙂 Please keep up the great work you are doing taking care of your body and your health. Hope to walk with you again soon.

• Winnie McDonagh December 21, 2017, 8:12 pm

My why is to be healthy as I go thru my retirement years. I am working to reverse some of the abuse I subjected my body to in earlier years and hold in check scoleosis.

I have a solid collection of your videos. I try to do one 30 minute aerobic video daily. The days I do not make it I use the Walk and Talk videos. I love them when I am jammed for time, or traveling. Today I ran out of time in the morning so did the walk and talk before dinner. Great for early evening as I do not get too revved up.

Thank you so much for all your videos and supportive messages

Happy Holidays
    Winnie

• Jessica Smith December 22, 2017, 11:09 am

Thanks for walking and talking with us today, and for sharing your why Winnie! It’s a great one 🙂 Please keep up the great work you are doing taking care of your body and your health. Wishing you a very happy holiday season!