1-Mile Walk n’ Talk: 5 Great Reasons to Exercise [That Aren’t About Losing Weight]

Join me (and Peanut!) for our latest installment of our “1-Mile Walk n’ Talk” series!

Today we’re talking about five pretty fantastic reasons to exercise (that have nothing to do with weight loss). If you need a boost of motivation or a dose of inspiration, join us for this basic, indoor walking session anytime – rain or shine!

Source: Centers for Disease Control, “The Benefits of Physical Activity.”

(For those interested, we purchased our round yoga mat on Amazon here).

Here is the YouTube Video mentioned during the walk:

Like Be the first one who likes this post!

• Karen Hobson October 8, 2018, 7:49 pm

So great to find something that I can do while losing the 50-70 lbs that I have to shed. Thanks.

• Becky September 15, 2018, 6:14 pm

I absolutely love the Walk and Talk series. I am 62 years old and in reasonably good shape. The only thing that bothers me about the Walk and Talks is when you saw they’re not a substitute for a workout. Well, for me a 14 minute mile is not a stroll around the neighborhood, talking to a friend. A 14 minute mile is pushing me and is a workout! While walking around the neighborhood I never do any side to side movements, etc. So sometimes when I hear you say that this is just to get more steps in, not a substitute for a “real” workout it bugs me!! Otherwise, I love to hear your comments about the various subjects, the hints and suggestions you give. Thanks!

• Alissa June 26, 2018, 2:34 pm

Jessica I LOVE you workouts! I also love your workout clothes- where do you get them?

• Megan Wood June 26, 2018, 12:24 pm

I take a prescription that makes it hard to lose or maintain weight so exercise has become something I do for some many other reasons. Lately I have been doing a lot of barre like workouts but something happened with cardio. Just doesn’t come to mind

• Tim November 3, 2017, 11:18 pm

Hello Jessica, I am just discoveriing your videos. This topic is just what I needed. I tend to lose my motivation or get discouraged if I fall off my routine. I like the thought of looking at progress not pounds. Thanks for being so inspirational.

• Marilyn Warner October 4, 2017, 1:20 pm

Enjoyed both the walk and talk of the 1 mile workout, I am just getting back into walking due to foot issues.

• Gabrielle September 21, 2017, 8:59 pm

I saw this ” walk and talk” video today for the first time. I am now completely in love with you. I have spent years over exercising and hurting myself, taking months to recover, and starting from ground zero all over again. I need to stop this viscous cycle. Your video really helped me to get this. I really enjoy how you put a program together and I love your personality. Thank you so much for all you do!

• Marybeth Knief September 19, 2017, 2:37 pm

Jessica I love all your exercise DVDs and u-tube walk and talk and other videos. They give me such variety with my workouts. This is a great topic i also like the mood one. As I find when I feel down or aggravated if I do a workout I feel much better. Thanks for always being there for me. xoxo