5 Workouts You Need to Add Now To Your Weekly Routine

Is your current workout routine getting a little stale? Variety is not only the spice of life but it’s also what helps to keep challenging (and changing) your body too! If you haven’t mixed things up in awhile, consider adding these 5, fresh workouts (BONUS – they’re all available FREE on YouTube!) to your schedule:

#1: 30-Minute Cardio Kickboxing Abs

What It Is: This cardio kickboxing abs routine is the best way to mix up your abs routine and give unwanted belly fat a one-two punch (don’t forget to pair it with a healthy diet for best results)!

Why You Need It: Let’s face it, crunches aren’t the most effectiveΒ  and those plank challenges are super boring (and they can really cause poor form). This multi-tasking routine saves you time and maximizes your calorie burn by combining your cardio and core work into a single workout (plus, it’s kind of fun too!).

#2: Met Con 5

What It Is: A metabolic conditioning circuit that’s designed to burn fat and build strength at the same time with just 5 multi-muscle, heart pumping moves (along with some targeted, bodyweight only core conditioning at the end).

Why You Need It: If you are tight on time but still need to squeeze in a good, sweaty strength session – this is it! These total body exercises will not work every muscle in your body, they’ll keep your heart rate up too for a bigger calorie burn for one seriously efficient 30 minute workout.

#3: 60-Minute Pilates and Yoga Fusion Flow

What It Is: A flowing blend of Pilates and Yoga moves designed to keep your heart rate more elevated than moreΒ traditional mat practices without losing the mind/body benefits of both styles.

Why You Need It: Try this one in between a cardio or strength training day to provide a beneficial, lower intensity session that still adds variety along with additional core strength development. You’ll feel pleasantly worked yet full of energy for your next tough training day.

#4: 45-Minute Cardio Ball Ballet

What It Is: A fun, invigorating (and surprisingly challenging!) barefoot cardio workout that’s a welcome change from the treadmill.

Why You Need It: If you’ve started to dread your cardio sessions, or think you can’t get in a great calorie burner without killing yourself with HIIT, give this one a try. You might just start to look forward to your workouts again.

#5: 20-Minute Recovery Day Routine

What It Is: A flowing, feel good session that’s designed to get your blood flowing and gently work out stiff, sore muscles.

Why You Need It: Being sore from a great workout is normal, and rest is needed to help build strength, but lying on the couch all day on your rest day never helped anyone get more fit! Stay in motion on your day off without overdoing it with this gentle recovery day routine.

Want more free workouts just like these? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel JESSICASMITHTV so you don’t miss a single new workout!

Did you try any of the workouts? Let me know in the comments below!

5 Workouts you need to add to your weekly routine

avataravataravataravataravataravatar

• barbara April 15, 2017, 11:01 am

I started working out for over a year. I had knee surgery in 2016. I knew I did not want to wait too long after surgery. I am 56 and staying in shape is a way of life. You are an amazing instructor. Easy to follow and super motivating. I just had another major surgery in March. I just started to test the waters. To my surprise I am much stronger than I thought. Thanks to your excellent, challenging, and doable workouts. My favorites are the barre,cardio, and sculpting workouts. Looking forward for more great workouts.

• Janice Nelson March 10, 2017, 8:40 am

The kickboxing challenged me to be more coordinated and keep my heart rate up. This program was from 5 exercise routines to add to our mix.

• Janice Nelson March 10, 2017, 8:35 am

I wanted to try a different routine from your other ones on YouTube. The kick boxing was a great workout and I’ll add it to my mix. My wrist is recovering from a break in January and has weight bearing restraints. Your programs from jessicasmithtv on YouTube give me the variety I want.

• Shenade Finnestad March 4, 2017, 4:12 pm

Hello! I found your workouts after searching for low impact and lower intensity workouts I could do. I have recently been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue (stage 3) and no matter how much I workout and what I eat (I eat plant-based and workout consistently) I don’t get results. What I am wondering is if you have a recommendation for workouts for someone with adrenal fatigue in which I could get results? Thank you! You are amazing!

• Jessica Smith March 5, 2017, 8:49 pm

Welcome to our community Shenade! You should check out our “Walk STRONG” program — you can learn more about the system and watch a preview clip here: http://walkonwalkstrong.com

• Mary April 20, 2016, 6:06 pm

Hello Jessika, my name is Mary. I’m from Venezuela. Right now i’m so so excited with your workout, but i need more… you know. I lost 6 kilogramos or 12 lbs…yeahhh!!! I love de Hitt cardio, i need to burn more fat, specific “my core”, my abs and my legs … please help me, and excuse me for my bad english, are you speak spanish? Thankyou very much, kisses, mary πŸ˜‰

• Gabby wijers March 25, 2016, 10:39 am

Hallo Jessica,
    I am a recently retired woman of 63 years.
    I discovered your workouts on youtube two months ago and I exercise every day now for an hour.
    I already see a lot of changes in my body, losing weight, getting stronger and leaner!
    Your videos are easy to follow and the all the different exercises make it easy to hold on!
    You are so positive and kind and a pleasure to watch and I love peanuts.
    Thank you!
    Greetings Gabby from Holland

• Jessica Smith March 29, 2016, 9:35 am

Thanks for moving with us Gabby! Peanut says hello and keep up the great work πŸ™‚

• Karen November 29, 2015, 12:03 am

I’m on week 3 of the 30 minute walking videos. I’m 47 and I’ve had a difficult time taking off the weight like I used to. I’m used to being around 123 lbs and now I’m 134, which I’ve gained quickly once I started going through menopause. Should I scrap the walking exercises and start doing other exercises. I’m getting really discouraged. Anyone else having a similar experience? Thank you all for comments and your help!

• Karen October 23, 2015, 9:47 pm

I love your YouTube workouts and your DVDs. Just did MetCon for the 2nd time. Love it! Just when you think it is over you hit us with great ab work that really made me sweat!

• Kim October 23, 2015, 9:10 am

Jessica, I have been exercising for 21 years. I used to be very competitive with myself and anyone around me. I had to be the fastest and go the furthest. A workout didn’t count unless I was at the gym and it had to be hard. However as I have aged, my ability to exercise at that level has become difficult plus I don’t really like it. In addition sometimes it is not possible for me to get in my full hour which I defined as a failure in my mind. I became really frustrated with myself but I have found you and your YouTube page and I have started to realize that you don’t have to kill yourself to get a good workout. In addition you taught me that I can still get a great workout in much less time. You have taught me that strength and even Yoga and pilates can be cardio. I absolutely love working out with you and Peanut. I promote your page whenever I can. Thank you for redefining exercise for me and making me enjoy working out again!

• Jessica Smith October 25, 2015, 9:43 am

Love to hear that Kim! Keep up the great work you are doing taking care of your body and your health πŸ™‚ Thanks for moving with us!

• Paola Marquez October 1, 2015, 6:46 pm

What a great combos of exercises!! I will definitely share this post.
    Thank you so much!

• Monica September 22, 2015, 9:22 am

Hi Jessica,

I just wanted to tell you that your workout videos are awesome! I have tried other videos but couldn’t maintain the routine, until I found out your videos on you tube.I have started doing cardio daily these days all thanks to you.I really enjoy the interactive workouts and its been 1 + month now.I am always sweating after 30 mins which never happens with traditional exercises.Keep it up:)

• Wanda June 15, 2015, 9:12 am

Just finished the 48 minute exercise with the ball. What a great exercise routine. I thought throughout it that I couldn’t make it but I did! I have been using your workout DVD’s for quite a while now and also your You Tube video’s to workout. I have lost 68 pounds and am at my goal weight. I am 64 years old and in August of last year finished 3 years of chemo treatments so to be able to keep up with you although very difficult is such a blessing. Thank you for continuing to push us to better health.

• Trina June 13, 2015, 2:58 pm

Your workouts have changed me. So Inspiring g and fun too!

• Nancy June 7, 2015, 4:15 pm

Another great workout routine! I never get bored working out with you Jessica. Thank you for motivating me to keep moving!!!

• Claire207 June 7, 2015, 9:25 am

just did the 20 min Recovery routine after 3days of not exercising due to a bug. This is THE perfect recovery from anything workout. I feel so much better. I’ll get back into the routine tomorrow! Thank You Jessica!

• Karen June 7, 2015, 8:52 am

Great workouts…tremendously fun! Sparkle fest

• Vivian June 4, 2015, 5:58 pm

Just wanted to tell you Jessica that I love exercising with you everyday. I have told so many people about your webpage. I thank you for keeping me motivated. On a side note I have a Westie that loves to see Peanut when I exercise.
    Thanks again,

• Jessica Smith June 4, 2015, 6:20 pm

Thanks so much Vivian! We love moving with you too πŸ™‚