Stop comparing your body to others

Be the Best Version of You

Sure, we’d all like to have Angelina Jolie’s legs, Michelle Obama’s arms and Pink’s six pack abs, but the truth is, no matter how hard we might work, we’ll never look like anyone else. So why waste your energy comparing your body to everybody else’s? It’s time to start focusing on how incredible yours is!

You weren’t made to look like anyone else but YOU, isn’t that awesome?

Shift your focus from what your body doesn’t look like and think about appreciate about your own.  Maybe your legs aren’t as long and as thin as Angelina’s, but your shoulders may look pretty fierce in a tank top (and they do a great job of holding up your kids). Look for your best features instead of comparing yourself to others and strive to be the best version of YOU possible.

• Stephanie October 17, 2017, 7:41 pm

This is great. I am a repeat offender of comparison. It’s a terrible thing to do but what an easy trap to fall into. We are each uniquely made by God and we need to appreciate that. 😀

• Kathleen Males February 15, 2017, 6:13 pm

I love what you wrote. We can never be or look like someone else so we need to concentrate on being the best person we can be. We are all unique and that what is what makes us great. Work on making yourself happy, healthy and fit both inside and out. Embrace your uniqueness. I, personally, try to be the best me I can be because I am unique and one of a kind. You make that possible by your fantastic workout videos and words of wisdom and for that I thank you. You keep it real and down to earth and that makes it so everyone can relate no matter if they are just starting out, somewhere in between or totally fit and just trying to maintain it. Again thank you for being you Jessica!

• Ale February 14, 2017, 3:27 pm

Words of wisdom!!

• Lisa June 2, 2015, 9:23 pm

So true! I believe appreciating your own body is the best tip and motivation for staying fit and healthy!

• naomi June 2, 2015, 8:19 pm

This it’s great !!! Now if only i could follow this advice, because I’m constantly picking myself apart…#tobetterselfimage

• esther April 30, 2015, 3:21 am

best tip ever…. thanks

• Brenda January 31, 2015, 4:42 pm

Wow did this ever hit home! This is such a powerful theme…
    Be the Best Version of YOU.
    This one is definitely going up on my fridge.