Success Story #3: Claire W.

We’re so excited to begin sharing some of our community members’ success stories with you. This week we’re thrilled to share Claire’s accomplishments — be sure to show her some love in the comments below!
Name: Claire W.

About Me: I’m 28 (almost 29) and I live in the UK with my husband and 2 boys aged 7 and 5. I work as a teaching assistant in a local school. My weight loss tipping point came in January 2015 with the realisation that my ‘baby’ was turning 5 that year and had I no excuse to be carrying the baby weight any more. I always wanted to be more of a role model in my boys lives and having them watching me eat healthier and working out was a big motivation.

My #JSTVFit Story: I found your YouTube channel by accident one day whilst searching for low impact workout videos. I was very unfit and needed to be broken in gently. I started off doing a lot of the walking videos and slowly building up to a few barre and kickboxing videos. I slowly began to feel my strength and stamina build and now will happily attempt any of the hundreds of videos you have uploaded.

My Favorite #JSTVFit Workout: My favorite by far is HIIT Cardio and Core! I love the fact that by the end I’m a massive sweaty mess but feel so energized! Superset sculpt is another massive favorite too, Jessica’s happy and bubbly character really helps get me through all those squats! Peanuts always a brilliant distraction! Love to Peanut!

The best healthy living advice I can share is: A piece of advice is you can’t out exercise a bad diet. So if you really want to get fit and lose weight you need to be aware of what’s going in to your body.

My most exciting results: I’m around 7 lbs. off my goal weight. I have lost 10 inches off my waist going from 38 inches to 28 inches, 8 inches off my hips from 45 inches to 37 inches. It still boggles my mind that my hips are now smaller then my waist used to be! My strength and stamina have improved so much. I still need to work on my flexibility though, so will be doing a few more yoga and stretching videos.

Social Media Handle: Twitter: @clairebear109, Instagram: @clairebear109730

Success Story Claire W.

avataravataravataravataravataravataravatar

• Julie Whiteside June 6, 2017, 10:39 am

Which workouts did you start with?

• Alice February 26, 2017, 8:43 am

Great job!!

• Shannon Gabos January 28, 2017, 5:08 pm

Great work!!!!! Be proud!

• joy September 9, 2016, 5:01 am

you’re an inspiration!

• Grace September 8, 2016, 1:44 pm

Hello everyone, I’ve been doing some of jstv youtube walk exercise at least 3 times a week. I’m 56 yrs old and just declared semi retired on my work. I noticed I gained weight and my tummy is popping too to say the word? I have hypertension and taking a lot of maintenance medicines. Is there anyone with high blood in the community who can advise me what dvd to buy in the site and make it as my daily routine? I appreciate it and will also share one day of the outcome
    Thanks pips let’s go moving. GRACE OF NZ

• Blair Woodward September 7, 2016, 11:17 am

You go girl!

• Jeanne R August 18, 2016, 8:54 pm

I have several of Jessica’s DVDs and have just started the Walk Strong program. I love her positive, supportive demeanor and the fact that the women in her workouts look like real women who look healthy and fit, rather than airbrushed models. As someone with about 80 pounds to lose, who isn’t 18 years old, I so appreciate that. As for buzzwords that get my attention, at this point in my life I look for words like: “low impact”, “lowers blood pressure,” “lose weight and gain strength, etc.”

• Mimi June 12, 2016, 9:03 am

Just started the WALK ON (3 Set super DVD) today and I really struggled!
    So I think slowly slowly for me
    My hardest challenge is motivation to carry on and I so want to succeed this time
    I want to lose some weight but most important is being healthy

• Stephanie O May 30, 2016, 2:36 am

I LOVE working out with Jessica. She’s fun, bubbly and real. She’s so sweet and has an awesome sense of humor. I first started working out with Jessica with Verizon on demand with exercise sports kool. 10 pounds down was great, although tummy torturing Tabada was just that”torture”. LOL…I’ve gone from 273 to 254 since January. Obviously I’m still a work in progress. My favorite video now is Cardio Bootcamp Boogie. I will make my goal weight as long as Jessica keeps making videos…

• Julie Urbanek May 24, 2016, 9:12 pm

Mary H. You posted this on April 22. How are you doing? Are you still exercising every day?

• Mary H April 22, 2016, 2:16 pm

I started to pure barre classes a couple days ago and already can feel the difference in the toning of my total body. I subscribed to your site so that I can work out with you daily. I have gained in weight but feel the difference in my body and know that well hopefully my weight will come back off because due to BMI at my work this can cost me more on my insurance. I’m 5’6″ and have to up under 180 for my BMI to meet their requirements for me to get the discount. Looking forward to my work outs with you in the future.

• jessica April 19, 2016, 10:18 pm

I have recently started working out with Jessica Smith too. Love exercising with her. Success stories like yours make me want to keep going. I know i can lose the weight like you did. Thanks for sharing your story. You look great!!!

• Tania December 29, 2015, 1:22 pm

Way to go, Claire!!! You have found it in yourself to change and you’ve done amazing!! You look fabulous! Keep up the work, it pays off as you can see.

I first found Ms. Smith on ExerciseTV, and then they took that off of Comcast OnDemand. Grrr. A couple of years later my son received an Xbox for Christmas and I found out that I could watch YouTube exercise videos through it!!! I am very dedicated and diligent about working out at home so I started searching some of the trainers and was so excited to find SO MANY by Jessica! I love the fact also that by subscribing to her channel I get her new videos instantly. She has a great attitude, makes exercise fun and challenging, and her dog Peanut is just too much sometimes. So cute! Happy new year!

• Frances November 16, 2015, 5:12 pm

Hi Claire, You look absolutely fabulous! I too, found Jessica looking for low impact workouts. She is just so wonderful. I don’t get excited about too many things, but I tell everyone about our Jessica. Fit and fabulous should be our mantra! Keep up the good work!

On a side note, i purchased Jessica 4 DVDs and these workouts are a little more difficult than whats on You Tube, so when you up for it, I would recommend purchasing.

• Lady Pat October 13, 2015, 7:18 am

You’re an encouragement to me to keep going. I started and stopped and now I’m motivated to keep going.

• T.K. September 18, 2015, 1:54 pm

Wow, you look GREAT!!

• laura September 4, 2015, 2:20 pm

Good job Claire, great results, love your advice “you can’t out exercise a bad diet”, keep it up ????

• Jackie Mc September 2, 2015, 1:15 am

Claire you look amazing and your story is such an inspiration to others. Your excellent example for both your own children and the students you support in school is wonderful.
    You will shift that final 7 pounds I am sure. I am a Brit too and being a Brit as you know we don’t normally use this word but you are so I will. You are awesome!

• Sherry G September 1, 2015, 10:52 am

You look wonderful, Claire! Great job! My weight also came from baby weight that never left. So true you can’t out exercise a bad diet.

• Stacy Bolduc September 1, 2015, 10:00 am

Thank goodness we all found JSTV! Claire you mentioned something very important; the foods we consume, along with exercising we must change our mind about How, What we eat…. we become healthy from the inside out.
    I congratulate your diligence, discipline, responsibility, accountability… you are now reaping the rewards of your hard work!! You look fabulous! Enjoy! Hooray to courage!
    Stacy B. Boca Raton, Fl. USA

• Jane August 31, 2015, 1:43 pm

I can definitely sympathize with having that baby weight stay around. That was a big motivating factor for me too. Those first few years go by so quick and it is hard to shift focus to yourself. Looks like you have had a lot of success! Well done!!

• Joyfulmomof6 August 31, 2015, 1:42 pm

Way to go, Claire! A good example goes a LONG way for kids rather than saying one thing and doing another!
    Nanci

• Madonna Smith August 31, 2015, 1:32 pm

What an accomplishment! Congratulations. You’re an inspiration to keep going, keep at it.

• Belinda Za Gara August 31, 2015, 1:14 pm

Congratulations 🙂 You look amazing!

• Alessandra August 31, 2015, 5:40 am

In just 8 months! Congratulations, that’s a fantastic result. thanks for sharing

• Claire W August 31, 2015, 3:04 pm

• Donna August 30, 2015, 8:30 pm

Great job, Claire!!

• Claire W August 31, 2015, 3:07 pm

Thank you Donna ????

• Michelle August 30, 2015, 7:12 pm

You look fabulously fit. Thanks for the inspiration. It helps keep me going.

• Claire W August 31, 2015, 3:08 pm

Thank you Michelle. It’s nice to inspire someone else. ☺️

• kaytee August 30, 2015, 3:04 pm

Well done, you have worked so hard, what a great role model for your kids.

• Claire W August 31, 2015, 3:11 pm

Thank you Kaytee. ????

• Robin Vick August 30, 2015, 11:54 am

You look fabulous, Claire! You are truly inspirational!

• Claire W August 31, 2015, 3:12 pm

Thank you Robin. So pleased to almost be at my goal. ????

• Sam M. August 30, 2015, 6:17 am

Awesome work Claire!! You look great! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Claire W August 31, 2015, 3:13 pm

Thank you Sam! ????

• lisa October 31, 2015, 3:49 am

Way to go Claire!:)) I am from the uk too, I love JSTV plus peanut. You have done amazingly well. its amazing what you can achieve in your own home, Jessica’s videos are great when you need a fitness challenge too, I always come back to them.