The 2013 Fall Fitness Challenge!

Fall Fitness Challenge Jessica Smith

WELCOME TO OUR 2013 FALL FITNESS CHALLENGE!

It’s time to get started on our 20-day mission to help you have more energy this fall! Why? Because when you have more energy, its easier to reach all of your goals – whether you are striving to lose weight or simply feel great, boosting your energy level is the perfect place to start.

STEP #1: SHARE YOUR PERSONAL POSITIVE ENERGY GOAL BELOW

Post your positive energy goal for the challenge in the comments below – tell us what you’ll be focusing on over the next 20 days! (Some examples include: “I will start my day with a 5-minute breathing exercise to help relieve stress and focus my mind,” or “I will end each day by writing down 3 things I am grateful for in a journal,” or “I will focus on fueling my body with nutritious and healthy foods first,” or “I will add two 8 ounce glasses of water to my daily intake.”)

When you check in each day on our YouTube video page, let us know what daily steps you’ve taken towards this personal goal of yours. Share and get ideas from our community members about how to incorporate new, energizing, healthy habits and let’s help keep each other accountable!

STEP #2: FOLLOW OUR DAILY WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Each workout is 30-minutes-or-less to help you fit in exercise without feeling overwhelmed! Remember you can always add more if you feel you need to, but check with your body first. You may not need more WORKout time, but maybe more movement – enjoy some extra fun activity that energizes you.

Once you’ve completed the workout for the day, leave a comment on the YouTube video page to let us know that you finished it, how it went and how you are feeling. If there are days that you don’t feel up to the assigned routine, feel free to substitute another workout, just check in on the same video page so we’re all commenting in the same place 🙂 I’ll be responding to everyone’s daily check ins at the end of each day. (Don’t forget, you MUST check in every day in order to be eligible for our grand prize drawing and a chance to win my 2 newest DVDs and a Peanut calendar!)

STEP #3: HAVE FUN!

Let’s make this something we can all look forward to doing together as a collective team! Peanut and I will be cheering you all on 🙂

Note: If you are joining us late, you can always jump on in! Please just be sure to check in on each video by Sept. 21st in order to be eligible for the final prize drawing which will take place on Monday Sept. 23rd.

Here’s to a fabulous & fun FALL!

THE FALL CHALLENGE WORKOUT SCHEDULE:

Day #1: Monday Sept. 2: *NEW* Cardio Ball Blast! (airing Sunday, Sept 1st – the video won’t be available until then)

Day #2: Tuesday, Sept. 3: Barefoot Fusion Walk

Day #3: Wednesday, Sept 4: Kickboxing Circuit

Day #4: Thursday, Sept. 5: Yoga Abs

Day #5: Friday, Sept. 6: *NEW* Ballet Body (airs Sat. August 31st)

Day #6: Saturday, Sept. 7: Lower Abs Circuit + 9-Minute, Low Impact HIIT

Day #7: Sunday, Sept. 8: Stretch & Strength

Day #8: Monday Sept. 9:  Cardio Mat Fusion

Day #9: Tuesday, Sept. 10: Strictly Strength

Day #10: Wednesday, Sept 11: 30-Minute HIIT

Day #11: Thursday, Sept. 12: *NEW* Cardio Pilates (airing Sat, Sept 7th – the video won’t be available until then)

Day #12: Friday, Sept. 13: The Rise & Shine Workout

Day #13: Saturday, Sept. 14: Total Body Resistance Band (no band? use dumbbells instead)

Day #14: Sunday, Sept. 15: *NEW* Stretch, Rest & Relax (airing Sat, Sept 14th – the video won’t be available until then)

Day #15: Monday Sept. 16:  2-in1- Toning

Day #16: Tuesday, Sept. 17:  Kickbutt Kickbox

Day #17: Wednesday, Sept 18: Single Sided Strength

Day #18: Thursday, Sept. 19: Floor Barre

Day #19: Friday, Sept. 20: Bikini Body Circuit

Day #20: Saturday, Sept. 21: LAST DAY! Let’s Disco Dance Walk!

• laura1952 September 18, 2013, 3:08 pm

Jessica, I can’t tell people enough about you and how awesome and doable your workouts are. I love when people say thank you for sharing your workout, which happens a lot! Not a day has gone by during this Fall Challenge I haven’t stayed true to my Fall Challenge goals and will always look for a minimum of 5 things to be grateful for when I am out doing my Walking for Mile A Day in 2013 on Facebook.

Thanks for being such a positive influence in my life.

• Sherry Kelly Gillingham September 18, 2013, 1:03 pm

I have noticed more energy while doing the Challenge! I sometimes add in some extra cardio on my bike to relieve stress. I have noticed more toning and definition, so these short workouts are very effective, and seem to work all the muscles. I’ve also made progress in learning to deal with stress and worry. Thanks so much for creating this rotation!

• sarhodes4 September 18, 2013, 9:31 am

I have continued to not be hard on myself and have continued doing some meditation. I am feeling stronger in myself and comfortable with the body I have been given. Having a daily exercise has made a huge difference and I am so grateful. Thank you for our daily challenges!

• Celeste Behsmann September 17, 2013, 7:00 pm

I have to say, I’m really enjoying these shorter workouts and I actually look forward to doing them. My energy level has been pretty good but the brisk air makes it hard to get out of bed.

• Jamie Fisher September 17, 2013, 6:14 pm

Feeling good! I am proud of myself for going strong this whole time even when some days it was so hard just to get started! I’ve noticed a big difference in my mental talk and think that helps my body follow along with every workout, everyday! Thanks for your motivation, Jessica!

• Tracy Slack September 11, 2013, 9:48 am

I love you!! You made me feel like I can do this and not to give up!!! Where other video’s just make me feel like crap cause I can’t finish them but with you I can

• Jamie Fisher September 11, 2013, 9:24 am

I am definitely feeling stronger by the day. With your help and awesome fun videos, I have stayed motivated and haven’t felt like quitting once. I will continue beyond the 20 day challenge!

• sarhodes4 September 11, 2013, 7:44 am

I think I am doing pretty good with my goal. I am not being hard on myself and am feeling great about how I feel in myself. I refuse to beat myself up over things. Really need to set time out to do a little more stretching and unwinding in the evening. TIme just seems to get away from me on a daily basis. Will continue to strive to work on this.

• Elizabeth Carpenter (@JaysPunkin) September 10, 2013, 11:18 am

My goal is to improve my flexibility by doing a stretching or yoga-type video at least 3 times a week. I also want to do the daily videos from here…I am starting a little late, but I’m going to start the “Day 1” video tonight! Very excited!

• Ashley Cain (@AshleyNCain) September 10, 2013, 1:09 pm

I just found this and I started today too! Glad I’m not the only one starting a little late. 🙂

• Erin Nicole Anderson September 9, 2013, 2:07 pm

My goal is to stay out of my head and into my body and heart. To do things that make me feel good, and to find activities each day that lower my overall anxiety level.

• Jessica Rae (@jessicaraec) September 8, 2013, 10:36 pm

I want to live a healthier lifestyle.

• Paula Garcia September 7, 2013, 8:08 pm

My goal is to drink more water. And walk more and also do different exercise to change things. Some workouts will not be able to do. Was smashed in between cars back in 2004 so my knees work messed up.

• weesadtomato September 5, 2013, 4:00 pm

Goal status: I’m doing decently well. The negative, criticising thoughts start and then I remember I’m in the midst of this fall challenge, and I instantly shut them down. It’s working for now, and that’s something.:-)

• jessicasmithtv September 5, 2013, 4:04 pm

That’s great! SO glad to hear that 🙂 We’re here for you – you can so this!

• sarhodes4 September 5, 2013, 3:28 pm

I have been giving myself a break and have been doing a little meditation to help keep me from stressing out.I need to strive to do a little more stretching. Thank you for our daily challenges!! 🙂

• Cheri Barber McElroy September 5, 2013, 2:37 pm

My goals were to walk daily (doing great with that) and keep a gratitude journal. I realized I was off track on that so did it earlier last night and it made thinking on things and writing much easier. Thanks for the reminder to keep working on these goals, Jessica.

• Grace Norcott September 4, 2013, 10:41 pm

I just found your site. I recently spent five days on the couch after hurting my back doing a workout that was too difficult for me. When I was up and about again I started doing gentler workouts and realized how moving helps improve my mood and my general outlook on life. I decided lower impact workouts are better for me so I can keep moving and stay healthy. Since stretching helps me to recover I’m making my new goal to stretch more and improve my flexibility. I do want continue challenging myself but using joint friendly workouts, yours look like they are just what I need. I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s workout!

• Lisa Dedeaux September 4, 2013, 10:13 pm

I want to focus on regaining some lost tone and draw in positive energy to start the fall. Eek, I’m 3 days behind, but have done 3 workouts just not the ones on the schedule. I look forward to a firmer body and lose a few pounds before the holidays ensue. Happy fitness everyone!

• Lesa McMahon (@lesamcmahon) September 4, 2013, 6:52 pm

Oh no! I’m starting on this challenge a few days late, so I won’t finish by the deadline unless we’re allowed to double up on the days we’ve missed.

I do have a goal to keep eating clean, exercise daily, drink 100 oz of water a day (I struggle with this one), and take one action towards my BIG goal daily.

• nascarjunkees5 September 4, 2013, 12:07 am

Reblogged this on nascarjunkees5 and commented:
    A challenge for us all! This is inspiring!

• Ms. Rosalyn (@MsProverbs4u) September 3, 2013, 11:10 pm

I will sleep in my bed and not the couch for the 20 days.
    Although I’m writing today, I started this goal on day 1. 🙂

• Ana Feliciano September 3, 2013, 8:27 pm

Day 2: Barefoot routine was VERY different! I liked it! Glad I vacuumed this morning 🙂 And that 2-sidestep/twist/push felt like a mini Salsa routine! Seemed easy, but sure do feel it around the middle! THX Jessica! Now off to experiment with dinner … kale & spinach chicken stir-fry. Hope it comes out good!

• Amy Leigh September 3, 2013, 6:02 pm

My goal is to take 5-10 minutes each night before bed to do relaxing yoga/meditation to help me get a better night’s rest.

• Leisha Dean September 3, 2013, 5:28 pm

I realized I forgot to add my goal yesterday… September is my bday month, so my goal is to start my new year off right by building better habits and taking care of my body!!!

• jessicasmithtv September 3, 2013, 5:29 pm

Happy Birthday month to you Leisha! What a great present to yourself 🙂

• Jocelyn Hankins September 3, 2013, 3:17 pm

My goal for this challenge is to enjoy September! When I get stressed, I will stop, breathe, and put a smile on my face. I want to try to keep my thoughts more positive than usual. Working out everyday with Jessica and Peanut will help! 🙂

• laura1952 September 3, 2013, 4:57 pm

Stopping and smiling, even if you have to make yourself smile always works. It’s contagious even to yourself no matter what your mood. Life can be pressing, stressful beyond means, but smiling automatically triggers endorphins that make you feel better and when you Pay This Forward, it has even more of an impact on you and your life.
      Have a great September.

• jessicasmithtv September 3, 2013, 5:00 pm

So true! Love it – sending a smile your way! 😀

• laura1952 September 3, 2013, 5:38 pm

😀 Thanks. I felt that! Truly.

• laura1952 September 3, 2013, 2:30 pm

I really did love how Day 2 left me feeling so energized and still wanting to keep moving, hours later.

• jessicasmithtv September 3, 2013, 2:37 pm

That’s fantastic Laura! Nice work today 🙂

• laura1952 September 3, 2013, 4:58 pm

Thanks for your support Jessica. It means a lot.

• Camille Tyndall (@ectyndall) September 3, 2013, 9:56 am

My goal is to do something active every day, and to take at least 10 minutes a day to be quiet and spend some time with myself.

• laura1952 September 3, 2013, 9:52 am

I can definitely feel yesterday’s Ball workout in my oblique muscles this morning and somewhat in my back. I did keep changing from my 6 pound medicine ball to a no weight “Miracle Ball” I have for my back and it worked great. I am looking forward to starting today’s Barefoot Walk today. I am unable to do this barefoot due to tumors on my instep on my left foot, but I do have enough room in my shoes to do the necessary toe raises etc for it.

Onward to Day 2. Happy Back To Life, Back To Reality Day for most of you. Make it a great one. The choice is yours. Put Post It notes everywhere for yourself. NO EXCUSES. HEALTHY FEELS GREAT.

• Ann Richman (@ann_richman) September 3, 2013, 4:54 am

I didn’t post my goal here so here it goes: I will only eat dessert on the weekends. Dessert will be the only time that I eat any type of added sugar during the week during the fall challenge.

• Christine Thompson September 3, 2013, 3:45 am

My goal is to finish the complete fall challenge. I work teaching swimming lessons on Saturdays and I find that exercising after being in the pool tough. My personal goal is to not “skip” those days and to complete the challenge as presented.

• Dela Coleman Posey September 3, 2013, 1:01 am

Increase water intake

• Lyndsay Spencer Van Steeter September 3, 2013, 12:25 am

My goal is to listen and treat my body with respect.

• Kathleen Lemanski September 2, 2013, 11:38 pm

My goals are to exercise on a consistent basis (including strength training) learn to enjoy the process and give myself a break when I’m not doing every little thing perfectly 🙂

• Lisa Bowlby Burkhart September 2, 2013, 9:24 pm

I plan to cut down on daily calorie intake, and exercise each day. Be intentional with my daily devotions to walk closer with God!

• Lana Cole Teichmann September 2, 2013, 8:56 pm

Because I have had numerous health issues in my life (fibromyalgia, 2 whiplash injuries, suffer from massive migraines and arthritis) my main goal is just get through your workouts each and every day, Jessica! If I can do this, I will be extremely grateful! You are such an inspiring and positive leader and your workouts look like you have such a blast doing them. Peanut is just so hilarious as well. I have not been able to work out in a very long time, but I plan to follow along as best as I can. I am doing this for my healh. It is as simple as that. Thank you for doing this for all of us, Jessica.

• Ana Feliciano September 2, 2013, 7:32 pm

Day 1: Still sweating as I type! WHEW! Bookmarked “Ball Blast” as one of my VERY favorites! Did not have a ball, so used a box of oatmeal (which reminds me to get my stuff together for tomorrow’s healthy breakfast!). Today’s goals MET! Looking forward to Day 2. THX Jessica!

• Valerie Jacobs Schucht September 2, 2013, 6:28 pm

my goal is to get in a serving of veggies at both lunch and dinner time every day.

• cherylsmith926 September 2, 2013, 6:03 pm

My goals are to increase water intake, eat more nutritious foods ( fruits and veggies) and to exercise daily. My birthday is in about 3 weeks so want to be feeling better!

• Ashley H (@Ha8Ashley) September 2, 2013, 5:26 pm

My goal is to workout consistently, putting in max effort during each workout. Im hoping this will help me to regain some, if not all, of the energy that I’ve been missing the past couple of weeks!

• Persia Moxley September 2, 2013, 4:20 pm

I goal is to eat more nutritional foods especially fruits and to complete this fitness challenge. Thank you Jessica you really have inspired me to be healthy.

• Hilary Kunkel September 2, 2013, 4:19 pm

My goal is to make healthier food choices each day (I am a refined carb. junkie)!

• Cheryl Verver September 2, 2013, 2:36 pm

My goal is to increase my water intake by 2-3 glasses a day and decrease my sugar intake.

• Mariellen Hartman Etter September 2, 2013, 2:35 pm

My goal is to workout every day and eat more nutritional foodl. I will be accountable for the food I eat by using fitness pal ap.

• Julie Adam Koerber September 2, 2013, 1:43 pm

My goal is to get into a work out routine. I had minor surgery over the summer and have found it difficult to get back on track. I also want to put my health first and hopefully this will get me off on the right foot! Thank you for challenging us to be healthier! I love your positive energy.

• lorimacconnell September 2, 2013, 1:39 pm

My goal is to exercise every day. Many thanks to Jessica for making fun videos and challenges to help!

• Victoria Berry September 2, 2013, 12:51 pm

(aka starvb @ youtube) My goal for health is to add more fruits and vegetables to my diet. I don’t eat NEARLY enough of these foods and I have been eating a lot of junk lately so – my goal is to eat the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables every day!

• diegocharyh September 2, 2013, 12:32 pm

My goal is to start living a healthier life style. I quit smoking 6 years ago and since that time I have gained about 40 pounds. I want to work on losing these extra pounds.

• StephS (@sss_hhs) September 2, 2013, 12:11 pm

I will bring my lunch to work instead of eating fast food and commit to doing these daily workouts. Thanks Jessica!

• caroleneff September 2, 2013, 11:35 am

My goal is to do a 20-30 minute workout each morning to set my mind toward l having a happy and healthy day.

• laura1952 September 2, 2013, 10:53 am

I will begin my mornings saying Thank You and with http://facebook.com/MileADayIn2013 and look for 5 things to be grateful for while I do my Morning workouts. I will make time each day for this Fall 2013 Workouts. My health and what I put into my body is my priority.

• Natalie Sanborn (@K3_book_girl) September 2, 2013, 10:44 am

I’m so excited to start the 20 day challenge!!! My goal is to eat more mindfully by paying attention to my hunger signals.

• Claudia Castro September 2, 2013, 10:43 am

I want to have a better outlook on life by boosting my self-esteem and by genuinely being happier.

• anja (@anjakelenc) September 2, 2013, 10:38 am

My goals: to get up at 7 am every day, to drink at least 1.5 liters of water in a day, to nutrition my body with healthy food, to meditate at least 3 times a week and just be happy 🙂

• Lisa Van Gemert (@gifted_guru) September 2, 2013, 9:38 am

I will share a positive thought or sincere compliment every day.

• tien lie (@venesia84) September 2, 2013, 9:15 am

my goal is to just do something everyday and keep reminding myself that I always feel better after a workout.

• Jamie Fisher September 2, 2013, 8:43 am

Looking forward to everyday! I cannot wait to see the difference in myself. I want to work on being more active and remember that I am staying healthy to be around for my children and to be a positive role model for them but especially to my daughter. It makes a big impact on little girls for their mothers to have a healthy body image and I want to always be that for her.

• Widya Lin (@linwidya) September 2, 2013, 7:36 am

my goal: will avoid chips even it’s really hard!, lose 4-5 pounds,eat healthy stuff.

• psumama September 2, 2013, 7:00 am

My primary goal is to combine the daily workouts with more nutritious eating habits so that I have more energy to keep up with my three-year-old daughter each day.

• elisawz September 2, 2013, 6:51 am

My goal will be to increase my sleeping hours, 7 at least per night and to limit my ice tea intake and drink green tea or plain water instead.

• Joke Herreijgers September 2, 2013, 5:56 am

My goal is to be more fit, more happy, in better shape and to inspire everyone to join in!

• Lucinda-desy Van Eekelen September 2, 2013, 5:49 am

My goal is to have more energy to do my daily job and to inspire other people to join in!

• Kristen Larson September 2, 2013, 1:22 am

I will focus on choosing nutritious foods to fuel my body, over processed foods that make me feel tired and blehhh. Thank you, Jessica! I love working out with you and you make me feel motivated and positive!

• ChesterandAmy Davis September 1, 2013, 11:56 pm

My goal, in addition to working out each day with this challenge, is to catalog my eating, (counting calories on myfitnesspal.com). My mental-health goal is to spend some time each day reading my Bible.

• orangepoppy7 September 1, 2013, 11:25 pm

My goal during this challenge is to have fun! Life is too short and precious to take too seriously 🙂 I want my weight loss journey to be enjoyable! That way I’m more likely to stick with my new lifestyle. I plan on learning alot and growing…in character, not size! One thing I want to work on in particular is squishing my sugar cravings. I’m excited to get started!

• Magdalena Ball September 1, 2013, 10:31 pm

Thanks so much for doing this. My goal is to remain calm and centre through the workouts and to carry that sense of calm and centredness with me through my day.

• Cynthia Warner September 1, 2013, 10:07 pm

Fall challenge day 1 done! The ball challenge was a lot of fun. I really sweat thru it LOL! I feel energized but yet relaxed at the same time.Thank you Jessica. I will ‘see” you again tomorrow.

• mgml61 September 1, 2013, 9:45 pm

My goal is to put aside perfectionism and all-or-nothing thinking and just do the suggested workouts each day (rather than my historical insanity of doing the occasional marathon session of every exercise I’ve ever learned which wears me out and makes me not want to move at all for at least a week, LOL). I have chronic fatigue syndrome and need to learn to do more than nothing but not too much. These workouts look less crazy-intense than most I’ve see out there on the internet or at my gym, so I hope they will be energizing rather than so brutal they cause a crash/relapse.

• denayahyatt September 1, 2013, 9:29 pm

I will not binge, and I will find three things to be grateful for every day. And hopefully one of them will be not binging. 🙂 Thank you for doing this, Jessica.

• mrsgusk8 September 2, 2013, 10:37 pm

I will stretch everyday with Jessica for 5 or more minutes 1 or more times for increased energy and tension relief.I will utilize her different stretch videos.At times I will entire videos.I haven’t been able to complete one yet because my daughter Wini is 5 and has autism so doesn’t know what Mama is doing and tries to play with me. At times she would get upset.I believe the stretching will help me deal with stress relief especially related to the autistic behaviors.Wini has been hyper for 10-17 hours.It has exhausted me.So I,’ really looking to build my energy.
      SO thank you for this challenge.I know we are going to do great 🙂

• Amberlyn Holland (@AmberlynHolland) September 1, 2013, 9:07 pm

My goal is to get back in the habit of working out everyday. This challenge is coming at the perfect time to motivate me!!

• monique (@thebeautygirl) September 1, 2013, 8:57 pm

yay! thank you, Jessica! i love that this is a challenge about gaining energy and focusing on creating positive habits! those things are such an important part of living a healthy lifestyle. since i’m already a clean-eating, daily exerciser {ugh, please excuse how *obnoxious* that sounds! :-/ }, this will be part of my “time to mix it up” routine {every 4-6 weeks i do this}; can’t wait to do the workouts, make some new like-minded friends, be encouraged and inspired by every challenge member and most of all, have fun! my pup, Piper, will be joining as well. in addition to our walks, she’s become very good at following along with Peanut ~ looking out the window, lounging on her yoga mat, laying on my yoga mat, etc., LOL! 😉 ~ see you all over on youtube! xoxo 🙂

• Sonia Vera Castiblanco September 1, 2013, 8:56 pm

My goal is to work out consistently the 20 days and limit my junk food intake.

• Kelly Peters September 1, 2013, 8:37 pm

My goal is to get my body in best shape I can and I’m hoping this challenge wii do that and I’m looking forward to being more flexible thanks Jessica for this fall challenge

• Alicia Beck September 1, 2013, 8:23 pm

My goal is to be more positive.

• Kathy Knuckey Mills September 1, 2013, 6:19 pm

My goal is to complete each workout first thing in the morning to set the tone for a healthy day of eating.

• sarhodes4 September 1, 2013, 6:10 pm

There are some brilliant goals that have already been said. My goal for myself is to give myself a break (not be so hard on myself) and to accept not every exercise needs to be long/intense to get results that are good for my body. I also need to take more time out to stretch as I sometimes forget to do that. Can’t wait to start the challenge tomorrow!!!!

• Rebecca Hart Cagle September 1, 2013, 5:55 pm

My goal is to loose 5 lbs and to complete the entire challenge! Let’s go!

• estoril23 September 1, 2013, 5:51 pm

We can improve our life in 21 days : Just make mine this routine to become an early riser (but every day) and daily workout in the morning (but every morning). I’m thin and muscled, but no as regular that I would be. But I know I can do it.

• Ana Feliciano September 1, 2013, 4:16 pm

My Goal: Be more like my cats! … (1) Wake up and STRETCH for at least 5 minutes; (2) Eat more LEAN PROTEIN and LESS SUGAR; (3) Be MORE ACTIVE (= do the challenge workouts); and (4) get a good night’s sleep … MEOW! 🙂

• Nancy Nelson Boyd September 1, 2013, 5:10 pm

My goal is to be kind to myself which is something I struggle with.

• Kovács Tímea September 1, 2013, 3:06 pm

This is my first challange, so my goal is to complete it and to move every day. I have been doing your workouts for about 3 weeks and I love it! 🙂 Thank you for your videos. Best regards, Timea from Hungary

• Janelle Speck September 1, 2013, 3:02 pm

My goal is to continue eating whole, clean foods, not snack after dinner & begin to incorporate daily exercise back into my life. This challenge is a great way to do that!

• UCL Italian Film Club September 1, 2013, 2:38 pm

This looks awesome! I’ve just spent a fantastic week in Lisbon walking up and down its steep streets and I am totally ready for the fall fitness challenge! My goal is to finish it and be kind to myself (and not just for the next twenty days…). Thank you ever so much Jessica! 🙂

• Joanne Becotte September 1, 2013, 2:20 pm

My goal is to not skip the stretching at the end of each workout (something I am guilty of frequently doing) and to incorporate quiet meditation into my day in order to clear my mind and reduce stress.

• Debbie Ciallella Lomenzo September 1, 2013, 2:12 pm

Very excited about this! My goal is to reflect, before bed, on three positive things that happened in the day that I should be grateful for. Hopefully this will help achieve a better night’s sleep too.

• angelbob75 September 1, 2013, 2:04 pm

My goal is to complete the challenge. No excuses

• Janessa Butterfield September 1, 2013, 1:29 pm

My goal is to stop beating myself up over my body, and accept myself for who I am, and how strong and far I’ve come.

• Kathelijn Bakker September 1, 2013, 1:29 pm

I believe everyone’s goals here are fantastic, and if there is anyone who can help us achieve them, it’s Jessica and Peanut. I have been doing your workouts for a couple of months now, together with some changes in my eating habit. The combination makes me feel better, more energized and happier. I lost 10 kilos! I’m recommending your workouts to other people as well! Especially if you don’t have a lot of time, but you want to workout, have variety in exercises and also fun, this is the place to be. Also a positive energy fall challenge is a great idea, especially since fall in most parts of the world is not the most cheerful season…Anyway, my goal is (next to following the fall challenge workout schedule of course) to do a 3 minute a day mindfulness exercise to help me listening better to my body and needs. I am taking good care of my body and health by eating healthily and working out regularly, but getting peace of mind is still challenging. Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to share my enthusiasm! Keep up the good work, Jessica! Best regards, Kathelijn from Amsterdam, The Netherlands

• Linda Russell Johnson September 1, 2013, 1:10 pm

my goal is to drink more water and have fun ! ( Thank you Jessica, I love your tee shirt !!!!!)

• degsf September 1, 2013, 1:03 pm

My goal is healthy eating, drinking more water, and getting in some exercise each day. Thanks for the motivation!

• Jill Bowden Miles September 1, 2013, 12:21 pm

My goal is to get out for a short walk every evening after work. It will go a long ways in transitioning from a stressful and sedentary job to a less stressed evening that doesn’t include my sitting on the couch for the rest of the night! I always feel better after walking outside and don’t know why I don’t do it more.

• Cindy Rebhorn Rowe September 1, 2013, 11:49 am

My goal is to eat more clean and green foods as well as no soda!

• Jennifer 'Halbrook' Aubin September 1, 2013, 11:17 am

My goal is to make each day well rounded by increasing water intake, limiting processed food intake, and working out to become a stronger and healthier mom so I can keep up with my one year old son!

• joanne433 September 1, 2013, 11:16 am

My goal is to complete each workout everyday, eat healthy, try to convince my daughters to join me and stay as positive as possible fir the 20 days.

• Amy Greenwell Judd September 1, 2013, 11:02 am

My goal is to lose 3 lbs. That is a pound a week. I can do this!

• Gisele Frenchee Briggs September 1, 2013, 10:50 am

I will eat more fruit and vegetables each day.

• Jennifer Lombard September 1, 2013, 10:48 am

I am learning how to balance enough activity to maintain my moderate inherited depression, especially as the days begin to darken, without overtraining. This also means I will be following my own advice to my clients. Bonus!

• Terri Perdew-Miller September 1, 2013, 10:20 am

My goal is to complete each work out first thing in the morning and make sure I stay focused each day on my goal of becoming stronger and healthier.

• Carrie Virgilio September 1, 2013, 9:05 am

My goal is to get up earlier in the morning so that I can start the morning with a workout and a little quiet time instead of with a mad rush to get my kids up, ready, and out the door for school. It’s amazing how much this little change helps with my energy when I actually make myself do it 🙂

• Alison Matthews September 1, 2013, 6:09 am

My goal is to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I have never been good at this, and have said many times that I will do it, but this time I am going to make sure it happens by counting them each day. Should be easy due to this being a ‘Spring Challenge’ for us Aussies!!

• a k (@happytulips) September 1, 2013, 5:42 am

My goal is to work out each day and increase my water intake

• Odi Rodriguez September 1, 2013, 12:26 am

Hello! Thank you very much for this challenge!! My goal is to drink one liter of water at work (since I prefer to drink coffee and omit water)

• nascarjunkees5 September 1, 2013, 12:20 am

My goal is improve my sleep and energy. Both are low.

• Candice Allum August 31, 2013, 11:54 pm

My goal is to fill my body with nutrient dense, energising foods in order to complete these workouts well and have energy for studying later on!

• starrynight1989 August 31, 2013, 10:44 pm

My goal is to focus on food that fills me with ‘good stuff’ and isn’t empty calories. Another goal is to not beat myself up when I goof and have ‘off’ days. I will learn from these days and do better the next day.

• ellybell5 August 31, 2013, 9:47 pm

Focus on waking up early and drinking a glass of water before my coffee in the morning. Can’t wait to start this. Im in Australia so for me its Spring and its perfect to start the season off with this! Thanks Jessica!!!

• thechurchsecretary August 31, 2013, 6:43 pm

I will focus on filling my body with while grains, fresh produce and lean protein along with the water it craves.

I’m so excited for another challenge!

• Sherry Kelly Gillingham August 31, 2013, 6:15 pm

I want to carve out some time for meditation and deep breathing, so that I can deal better with those things in life I can’t change, and then I can be more positive to those around me.

• greeniejoey August 31, 2013, 5:30 pm

My goal is to focus more on a holistic approach. I would like to improve my mental health as well as my physical health. In order for one to be healthy the other part needs to be healthy. So lets focus our energy into creating and sustaining a positive lifestyle. No negativity!

• Luanne St. Peter August 31, 2013, 5:20 pm

My goal is to do carve out time every day for myself to do this. Posting and a workout – which may be a bicycle ride of 20+ miles instead of a posted workout. Gotta get those miles in while I can! Monday I start with a 108 miles ride :-)…

• Paula Garcia August 31, 2013, 4:24 pm

My goal is to walk two to five miles a day.

• Faith Reed (@faithaymh) August 31, 2013, 4:08 pm

My goal is to really enjoy my workouts and still feel like I have accomplished something even if I’m not doing a hardcore hour long workout. Those workouts always tend to burn me out and make me dread working out so I’m excited to try something different!

• fei83 August 31, 2013, 4:02 pm

The schedule looks awesome, can’t wait to get started! Ok, my goal is to feel and write down the things I’m grateful for each day, because I’ve been really down lately. Thank you Jessica for giving us that chance and all the awesome workouts!

• Marie-Annick Bordeleau August 31, 2013, 3:07 pm

My goal is to stay energized and positive while looking for a job in my field! Working out helps a lot with stress!

• Erin Koerner (@ekoerner84) August 31, 2013, 2:08 pm

My focus is to be kinder to my body and not push myself if I am too tired.

• ulubabe August 31, 2013, 1:58 pm

My goal is to finish and be present for each daily workout. I just finished my second week working out with Jessica and am just getting in to the routine of working out each day. I’m ready for this challenge.

• Rebecca Jones August 31, 2013, 1:07 pm

My focus for this challenge is on my sleep, to be in bed before 11pm, and up and active before 7am. .

• weesadtomato August 31, 2013, 12:52 pm

Goal post here? Hopefully. 😛 My goal is to not tear myself down, overly criticize, nor insult myself for the 20 days. If this is not where this is supposed to go, I apologize.

• jessicasmithtv August 31, 2013, 1:14 pm

Yup – this is the right place to post! Great goal 😀

• Sharon Lifsey August 31, 2013, 12:50 pm

I will get out of my exercise “rut” but trying all of these fun new videos. I know exercising all of these different muscles will increase my energy!

• Cheri Barber McElroy August 31, 2013, 12:39 pm

Looks fantastic. Thanks so much for having these great challenges for us.