20-Minute Low Impact Prenatal Cardio Workout

Expecting? Join fitness instructor Jessica Smith and her sister Courtney for this gentle (but active) low impact cardio session that can be done at any point during pregnancy (with doctor’s clearance first). Try it barefoot, or keep your shoes on if you prefer, and just go with the flow! Even if you aren’t expecting, it’s a feel good flowing cardio session that can be done easily in a small space at home without impact (making it great for anyone with downstairs neighbors).

Level: All

Equipment: None (not even shoes!)

Intensity: Low to Moderate

RELATED VIDEOS:
20-Minute Prenatal Strength Workout

17-Minute Prenatal Stretch

avataravataravataravatar

• Katie June 17, 2015, 4:27 pm

So, I’ll be honest and thought this looked way too easy for my 27 week pregnant, fit self. Uhhh no! I definitely broke a small sweat and my legs can feel the burn – perfect workout to do inside during this 100+ degree summer heat! Now, I’m checking out the 17 minute stretching video, thanks!

• shannonstockton March 28, 2014, 2:58 pm

thank you for this. I discovered you at the beginning of the year and tried to do your January challenge, then became unexpectedly pregnant. I haven’t been able to work out for a couple months due to extreme exhaustion, but finally feel better and found that you had a couple prenatal workouts on your site. This was great for my first try at exercising in a couple months, and hope to stick with it over the next 6 months 🙂 Plan to try the strength workout next. Hope to stick with you through the rest of my pregnancy and then to get back in shape afterward!

• Jessica Smith March 28, 2014, 4:01 pm

Congrats to you! Glad you are feeling better and up to some movement! 🙂

• DaniL5 March 20, 2014, 9:18 am

33 1/2 weeks pregnant and did this for the first time! So happy I found these workouts when I’m snowed in in northern MI! I’ve been working out before and during pregnancy and was thankful for the modifications. Good workout. Got my heart rate up and made me feel like I was doing something good for myself and baby.

• leighAblue March 15, 2014, 10:16 am

I am not pregnant but I felt like a gentle cardio routine to go along the apple workout and the 11 minute Brazilian butt lift. My saw it and decided to she wanted to try this to so if you have a parent who is 60+ you might want to consider doing it with them. If they are up to it.

• leighAblue March 16, 2014, 2:55 am

I meant to say my Mother saw it and decided she wanted to give it a try, so we did it together. I am a terrible typist. 🙂