20-Minute Prenatal Total Body Strength Workout

Expecting? Join fitness instructor Jessica Smith and her sister Courtney for this total body strength session that can be done at any point during pregnancy (with doctor’s clearance first). Try it barefoot, or keep your shoes on if you prefer, and strengthen key areas like the back, core, legs and upper body, muscle groups that important to keep strong both during and after pregnancy. And, even if you aren’t expecting, this is a strength routine that can be done easily in a small space at home.

Level: All

Equipment: A set of light dumbbells (1-5 pounds, depending on level)

Intensity: Low to Moderate

RELATED VIDEOS:
20-Minute Prenatal Low Impact Cardio Workout

17-Minute Prenatal Stretch

avataravatar

• Yvonne January 17, 2016, 8:56 am

Thanks for a great workout! I’ve been enjoying your videos since I was toning up for my wedding and a, so happy to have found some prenatal videos to continue with now that I’m pregnant. Thanks Jessica!

• Kate July 20, 2015, 2:13 pm

Love your prenatal series! They’re the only videos I’ve found that really give me a workout without straining my core. I’m trying to avoid exacerbating any diastasis recti that might occur and these are great as they avoid plank, down dog and other positions that would separate my ab muscles. I can engage my core safely in these. Thanks!!

• Sara February 20, 2015, 12:46 am

Jessica loved the workout. Best prenatal strength workout I’ve found. Looking forward to a healthy pregnancy…22 weeks and counting.

• Jessica Smith February 20, 2015, 8:52 am

Thanks Sara! Congrats to you on your pregnancy 🙂

• AmyJ April 4, 2014, 9:46 am

Wow! That was tough! I have now worked out with you and your husband, your mother, and your sister and of course Princess Peanut. I love that you get your family involved.

• shannonstockton March 30, 2014, 12:09 pm

I enjoyed this workout, too – thank you for providing great videos for pregnant women who want to be healthy but not overexert themselves. This really is just the right amount of exercise! I will definitely be doing these for as long as my body allows me to 🙂

• DaniL5 March 9, 2014, 1:26 pm

Loved this! 32 weeks pregnant. Loved Jessica’s direction. Loved the moves. Loved it all! So glad I found this.

• kaori February 26, 2014, 11:56 am

Thank you so much for this Jessica (and Courtney & Peanut 🙂 )! I love your workouts but have had to modify a lot of the moves since I’ve become pregnant. This was great 🙂