Your Lift and Shift Experience

by | Apr 22, 2021 | 16 comments

Thank you for helping us share your experience with the program with others!

If you found value in this program, would you help us by sharing your journey with others? We’d love to feature your experience with the series in order to help those who might be looking to join the program decide if it’s the right fit for them.

Could you please leave a comment below and share with us the following (and/or anything else you’d like to let us know :-):

What are the biggest SHIFT(s) you’ve made during this program?

What has been the most valuable part of this journey for you?

What would you say to someone who is considering joining our next round of “Lift and Shift”?

Join Us!

Become a part of our community by signing up for our free emails and we’ll send you our welcome packet full of tips to get you started today and our exclusive subscriber savings code to SAVE 25% OFF our 6 Week System!

16 Comments

1. DHiggs

When I received the email from Jessica re: lift and shift I was incredibly excited to start this program. I’ve been working out my whole life and had an injury/health issues a few years ago as a result lost quite a bit of strength/muscle. With that said, it has been such a challenge to regain what I’ve lost over the past few years. This program was incredibly challenging but in the best of ways. I have regained so much strength and have so much muscle tone/definition – I am finally feeling near to my previous function before my injury 3 years ago. Having Jessica with us the whole way, fully available to answer any questions at all, providing an education on proper body mechanics as well as constant motivational support to keep going and not to give up added that something extra that so many other programs are lacking. The check in pages after the workouts were key for me. It helps you realize that you are not alone on your Lift and Shift journey. I cannot say enough how supportive reading other program members comments were.

The quality of the workouts and the way in which they are sequenced. which is researched based, really is quite impressive and adds that other layer of motivation to continue on. The level of professionalism truly shines through.

I loved this program so much that I have started another round, although a bit modified due to my summer schedule, as I definitely do not want to lose all that I’ve gained!

• Jessica Smith

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us DHiggs! We so appreciate you taking the time to do that, it’s such a big help to those who may be considering joining us. Thanks so much for being here with us. Can’t wait to see you for Round 2 soon 🙂

2. Kim

How do I even begin to try to put into words how incredible, how amazing, how ABSOLUTELY AWESOME the Lift and Shift program is??? I began my 12-week journey feeling super-excited and SO pumped!!! Super-excited because, well, NEW PROGRAM from JESSICA!!! YAAAAAAAY!!! And so pumped because here was a program designed to help me take my strength training to its next level. And let me just say… it delivers, 100% (and THEN some!!!)!!! Having that daily 1-on-1 time with my “Happy Hour BFF” Jessica was so special to me and just beyond fun, even during those sessions that left me drenched in sparkle, lol!!!

In terms of a physical “shift”… Jessica helped me make some serious magic happen – when I began the program, my heaviest weights were 10-12 pounds. Now that I’ve completed the 12 weeks, I am lifting 20-25 pounds for SO MANY exercises – most lower body exercises and even some upper body!!! Every time I picked up a heavier weight and was able to finish a set, or even PART of a set with it, I was CELEBRATING because I NEVER would have believed it!!! I will also never forget the first time I went to scratch the back of my arm and I felt my triceps… I FELT MY TRICEPS!!! WHAT???!!! And the day that I was in the middle of a session and happened to look down to see some fabulous definition all the way down my leg, from my quads all the way to my shins… that was the COOLEST THING EVER!!! And let’s talk about my core… or Corezilla as I’ve come to refer to her over the course of the program. To be able to do a full-on sit up, legs straight out on the floor, and they STAY there while I bring my upper body up… to be able to do rotating planks with my legs straight out… to be able to do some elbow plank knee tucks with sliders… I could go on and on about the strength that I’ve gained through this program!!!

Even MORE valuable to me than the physical changes and physical shifts that I made, though, were the mental shifts that came with this program. This was easily the MOST challenging program I have ever done… and I went into each session READY TO GO!!! I welcomed the challenges that came with each new session, with each additional pound of weight I was able to lift, with each additional rep I was able to add to a set as we progressed and repeated sessions. And I ended each session with a HUGE smile on my face, because talk about an endorphin rush!!! (Or, as a young girl that I work with puts it, a “dolphin” rush!!!) I start and end each day with an “attitude of gratitude,” and that makes SUCH a difference in everything I do, whether it is during my Happy Hour sessions or in my job or in my interactions with friends and family. I have referred to this program as my own personal fitness Mount Everest, and I committed to the climb and when I reached the top, I was able to look back and see all of the glittery, sparkly pink flags of celebration and success I planted along the way!!! I gained confidence in my internal power and strength, and I learned to celebrate EVERY SINGLE WIN!!! And that has translated into all aspects of my life!!!

To anyone considering Lift and Shift: I would recommend this program without ANY reservation or hesitation… I’m ready to begin Round 2 myself!!! Jessica is THE BEST fitness partner and coach… she is always so encouraging and motivating, while ALWAYS telling us to be kind to ourselves and to listen to our bodies. She is there with us every step of the way!!! And our community is an AWESOME source of support and encouragement as well… I loved having the opportunity to communicate with the other members of Team Lift and Shift and to cheer them on, and to get to engage with Jessica as well!!! You can TOTALLY do this… you are stronger than you know!!! And you SO deserve all of the AMAZING things this program will help you achieve, both physically and mentally!!!

• Jessica Smith

Hi Kim! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, I so appreciate it! And I’m so thrilled to hear you will be joining us for Round 2, YAY!! Can’t wait to keep planting more sparkly, bright pink flags with you on this next lap around.. here’s to more beautiful ‘dolphins’, more awesome SHIFTS and to all of your incredible STRENGTH and SUCCESS! See you for Day One of Round 2 soon 🙂

3. Leticia

This was such an effective and well-thought-out program! I noticed so many great physical and mental changes. I increased the amount of weight from 8 to 15 pounds on the heavy sets. I noticed improved tone throughout my entire body. My center of gravity changed. Mentally I became more centered too. One of my favorite quotes Jessica uses is “Be where your feet are.” I found myself internalizing that concept over the course of this program and it has carried over into so many different aspects of my life. I am a mom of three, the youngest being 20 months and the oldest is 10. It can be hard to get a workout in and I was not sure I was going to be able to get through some of the routines just based on time. I normally find it hard to get in 30 minutes a day and some of the exercises are around 50 minutes. But I wrote it down as part of my letter to myself, that I would get up at certain time before my kids woke up, and I would make the changes the day before to make sure this happened. Most of the time it did happen. Now I find 30 minutes of exercise a day too little, and I find myself adding more every other day. This is an amazing thing. The program also reminded me how important and essential weightlifting is in an exercise program. My aerobic exercises are so much better. I am doing the Summer of Strength program now, and then I am going to return to Lift and Shift. The program lives up to its name. My life lifted and shifted in so many great ways. Jessica and Peanut are amazing. Thank you!

• Jessica Smith

Leticia, you are amazing!! CONGRATS to you on all of your hard work and dedication – YOU DID IT! WOO HOO! Let’s CELEBRATE!! I hope you are so proud of all of the incredible SHIFTS you have made these past few months. LOVE that you were able to make that space and time for YOU each day, that’s fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing your time, energy and SPARKLE with us. And thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, I really appreciate it! What an honor to was to be able to join you for this journey. I’m so thrilled we’ll be able to continue on with you for the Summer of Strength rotation and we can’t wait to Lift and Shift with you again just as soon as you are ready. Please keep up all of the incredible work you are doing taking care of your body, your health and your family too. Can’t wait to see you for another session soon 🙂

4. Elaine

I was a bit uncertain whether to try Lift and Shift because I don’t always enjoy strength training. I know it’s good for me, but that doesn’t make it fun. But I decided to give the programme a go because I trust Jessica and I am so glad I did. I thought the workouts might be too long. But the longer, slower format means you can really focus on your technique. I was worried it would be boring repeating the same routines, but in fact it’s really satisfying because you can track your progress (oh the feeling of triumph when I could stand on one leg for the bow and arrow lifts!). And because I was concentrating on my form and my progress (on a good day anyway!) I wasn’t bored at all. In fact, I found it a really good way to clear my mind after a day at work. For me, it has been a revelation how much difference being stronger makes. I can get more out of my cardio workouts, I have more energy and the aches I was getting in my neck and shoulders after a year of working at home have disappeared.
    Thank you, Jessica. You explain things so clearly and are such a good motivator. Lift and Shift and your other routines have really helped me get through the UK lockdowns. And it’s always good to know that however tired I might feel at the start of a workout, I still have more energy than Peanut!

• Jessica Smith

Hi Elaine! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and for joining us for this journey! We truly appreciate you sharing all of your time, energy and SPARKLE with us. I’m so thrilled to hear that you have seen such incredible results — congrats to you on all of your hard work and accomplishments! YAY! We’re so happy to have you here with us. (Oh and Peanut says she is glad she could help motivate, haha! 🙂 Please keep up the fantastic work you are doing taking care of your body and your health. Hope to join you for another session soon!

5. Chelsea

This was such a wonderful program to increase strength, endurance and yes improve mental health. The balance within this program is amazing and I can wait to complete it again. I reviewed the entire program here:

Excited to see so many of you and Jessica in the next round! Much love!

• Jessica Smith

Thank you so much for joining us for this journey Chelsea, and for sharing your experience with the program with us! You did such an amazing job with the plan! CONGRATS to you on all of your hard work and incredible accomplishments (way to work those push ups — woo hoo!!). We’re so excited to join you for another round of the series soon. Please keep up all of the awesome work you are doing taking care of your body and your health. Can’t wait to join you for our next session together soon 🙂

6. Gena

I would highly recommend this program. At first I wasn’t sure about the longer workouts because most of Jessica’s are 30 minutes. I went ahead and purchased the program because I trusted Jessica to always produce excellent workouts. I found there is a great balance of time and effort from day to day. By the end of the program I was able to lift more weight and felt stronger and more capable.

The Shift I most enjoyed was the reminders to focus. “Be where your feet are” was a saying I used during the workouts that carried over to the rest of the day as well.

Jessica gives excellent directions on form, which helps keep us safe while lifting heavier weights. I’m taking these tips and applying them to other workouts along with my heavier weights 🙂

I will be repeating the program and would highly recommend it to anyone. On the check in site I saw participants who used weights from 2 to 30 pounds enjoying the program and gaining strength. It was nice to read about others’ experiences and hear from Jessica as she responds to all comments. I would be interested in another program like this as well. Thank you, Jessica!!!

• Jessica Smith

Hi Gena! Thank you so much for sharing this with us and for joining us on this journey! I’m so happy to hear that you experienced such wonderful results from all of your hard work, and that you will be joining us for another round of the program, YAY! We’re so happy you are here and can’t wait to see you for another session soon 🙂

7. Gianna

Lift and Shift – Let’s break it down:

Lift – Wow! I have leg definition I haven’t seen in years. I am lifting heavier weights for both lower and upper body work, and I need to get more in order to continue to up-level. I have read a lot about the importance of strength training for women, but this program really laid it out for me in a way I understood and then demonstrated the power of resistance training with both visible and more intrinsic changes.

Shift – I really appreciated Jessica’s calm, thoughtful reminders to “be where your feet are” and that what we focus on matters. Just when you think you can’t do another rep, Jessica reminds you to appreciate what you are doing for your body and to commit to being really present when you work out with her.

I think of these workouts as moving meditation, and they have really helped me progress toward my 2021 goal (which Jessica “assigned” me to write on a post card and read frequently!) of developing calm, centered strength, both physically and mentally.

• Jessica Smith

Hi Gianna! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. And THANK YOU so much for joining us on this journey and for sharing your sparkle with us. It’s been an honor to be your workout partners. Please keep up all of the incredible work you are doing taking care of your body and your health. Hope we’ll get to see you for another session together soon 🙂

8. Carol Frankenstein

The biggest shift for me from following Lift and Shift over the last 12 weeks is confidence. Confidence to lift heavier weights, confidence to try a whole program of new (to me) exercises, confidence to modify the program for my needs.
    The most valuable part of the journey was being grateful for what my 68 year old body can do instead of what it can’t do. I surprised myself many times.
    If you are considering Lift and Shift, the strength training is so empowering and beneficial for your health. The streaming format may not seem as appealing as a DVD but it’s easy to set up and convenient to use.
    Thank you Jessica – you are amazing and Peanut was a hoot!! I can’t wait to do the next 12 weeks.

• Jessica Smith

Thank you so much for sharing this Carol! CONGRATS to you on all of your hard work and dedication. It’s been such a pleasure to be able to join you for this journey, THANK YOU for being here with us! I’m so thrilled to hear you will be continuing on with us (YAY!) and can’t wait to hear more about your incredible, continued progress. You are amazing! 🙂

Submit a Comment